The Secretary of State's Office in Morris has moved to a new location.
425 US-6, Morris, IL
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Driver Education.
This is an exciting time for your son/daughter as students. They have been waiting for the chance to take driver education for a very long time. Please positively encourage them to put their best foot forward in school. This site will give you lots of updates throughout the quarter. Thanks for your support.
Things To Practice In the Car (Click)
Absence Policy - Students enrolled in the classroom portion of Driver Education can only miss 3 days of class. On the 4th day they will be dropped from the class. they can repay to retake it at another time. The state requires 30 seat hours. This means that field trips, vacations, illnesses, funerals, hospitalizations are not excused. We apologize for the inconvenience but students must be in the classroom to complete the state requirement.
Things To Take To Get Your License
- Instructor's Permit
- Test Sheet (A and B students)
- 50 hour Practice Sheet
- Certified Registered Birth Certificate from the county courthouse in the county you were born
- Social Security Card
- A piece of mail with your name on it addressed to you from school or "To the Parents of......"
- A transcript with your current address on it or a report card with your current address on it.
- A parent with a license
- If you are taking the driving test make sure you have the insurance card for the car you are driving and a car you feel comfortable driving.
When To Go
- When you turn 16
- When you have driven 50 hours, 10 of the hours must be nighttime hours
- When you have successfully completed both the classroom portion of driver education and BTW
- When you have held your Instructor's permit for 9 months and 1 day
- Secretary of State Hours in Morris - Closed Sunday and Monday, Tues - 8:00am - 5:30, Wed - Friday 8:00am - 5:00, Saturday 7:30 till 12:00.
- They are also closed whenever a holiday or a voting day falls on a Tuesday.